Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Place Puzzles

At the TTIX conference a few weeks ago I learned about http://www.wherigo.com/ which allows you to go beyond simple Geo-Caching to creating tours with questions, quizzes and interactions. The comparison was made to the old Zork Games. I didn't really learn anything after the Zork reference because I spent the rest of the session googling for Zork so I could play it. My favorite Infocom game was actually WishBringer

Well, I did glean one fantastic element from both the session at TTIX and this session at NECC. Information has a place. All events occur both in place and time. We can use the connection between those three things to heighten learning. If learning is connected either to a real or a virtualized (ie: GoogleMaps, or Bing Maps) location it is more likely to be retained.

Bernie Dodge's session was worthwhile and valuable.

http://center.uoregon.edu/ISTE/NECC2009/program/search_results_details.php?sessionid=43728863&selection_id=48078760&rownumber=5&max=22&gopage=

No comments:

Post a Comment