Monday, June 29, 2009

NECC 09 Day 2

So far I've seen some really interesting sites and heard about some pretty cool gadgets. I don't know how this worked out, but I've stayed in the big ballrooms for most of the day. So, I've shared the love with about 200-300 of my best friends for every session I've been to today.

One of my favorite new websites was fur.ly. This one is a variation of tinyurl. Rather than letting you shrink a single url, this one lets you add several url's to a single address. You click on the one link and it immediately opens up tabbed browsing between to multiple url's you included. How cool is that?

I attended a cell phone presentation hoping to get some new ideas and I did. Geografitti.com was a big hit. Since I'm interested in both cell phones and gps/mapping this site is a marriage of the two tools. I can record my audio and upload it to grafitti and the site will mark my audio to a map. Another great site was textmemos.com. Here I can schedule a text message for a future time. What a great reminder to pick up the milk!

I know that I sometimes get drawn into the same old presentations, but I'm really glad I decided to check out Leslie Fisher's new gadget session. She shared a few old favorites, but mostly, new stuff. I think that tripit.com will certainly come into play next time I head out of town.

Hall Davidson is another favorite presenter at NECC. His presentation: 8 Things You Didn't Know About Video and 2 Things You Did (what a great title!) ended my day at the conference. While there were 4 things I already knew about video, there were a few things I learned. The best tool I saw that I haven't used is Quick Time Pro. For $30 this is a great editing tool. Glad I learned more about video for the classroom.

Well, my day at the conference is just about done. Let's see what we can do around the D.C. area tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment